Metta means loving kindness, a simple practice of well wishing taught by the Buddha.
As conscious women we can easily practice this transformational well wishing every day, as a way of opening our hearts and letting love and kindness pour in for ourselves, our loved ones, our wider community, the people we have difficulty with in our lives and ultimately all beings. Wishing goodness for all is good for the soul.
Here are 31 aspirations for you to “send out” daily in May and an accompanying essential oil which will help you create the atmospheric essence of your metta. Essential oils have a wonderful affinity with connecting us to those parts of the brain that bypass logical thought and help us connect to our hearts and true essence or spirit. You may also like to use this process to guide your daily metta meditations. Use your essential oils in an electric burner or diffuser, add up to six drops and make sure your room has some ventilation. Use the 30 minutes on and 30 minutes off rule.
1. May I be safe – May I feel secure and grounded. May I feel a sense of belonging to the earth. May I know who I am. Use vetiver essential oil, the sweet, woody, earthy aroma connects us to earth energies; centering and grounding it reconnects us to our vital energy.
2. May I be Happy – May I be joyful. May I live with content. May I live with bliss. Use Sweet orange essential oil; the refreshing cheerful and sensual nature gives warmth and joy, ideal for taking life less seriously and remembering to laugh
3. May I be Healthy – May my body be strong. May my mind be balanced. May I exude well-being. Use Cedarwood atlas essential oil; it is fortifying and strengthening, warming, harmonising and thought to be life giving. It helps stabilise unbalanced energies.
4. May I be peaceful – May I be calm, may I be patient, may I be loving. Use Bergamot essential oil, it is relaxing, restoring and calming, wonderful for moving stagnant energy resulting from accumulated stress or repressed emotions particularly fear and anger.
5. May I live with ease. May I relax. May I let go. May I just be. Use roman chamomile essential oil and Breathe; it is harmonising, peaceful and soothing to the spirit helping to ease stress and tension and promote relaxation.
6. May I be free. May I be free of suffering. May I be free to be me. May I be liberated. Use German chamomile essential oil; it promotes a letting go of the old so that the fresh and new can evolve. Ask yourself what do you need to let go of or release from your life to bring you fully alive?
7. May you be safe, happy, healthy, peaceful and free. Visualise a loved one and repeat each phrase to them in your mind’s eye. Use a blend of vetiver, bergamot, cedarwood, and chamomile (roman and/or German).
8. May you be safe, happy, healthy, peaceful and free. Visualise a neutral person whom you don’t have strong feelings about and repeat each phrase to them in your mind’s eye. Use a blend of vetiver, bergamot, cedarwood, and chamomile (roman and/or German).
9. May you be safe, happy, healthy, peaceful and free. Visualise a person whom you may be having difficulties with and repeat each phrase to them in your mind’s eye. Use a blend of vetiver, bergamot, cedarwood, and chamomile (roman and/or German).
10. May you be safe, happy, healthy, peaceful and free. Visualise yourself with all your loved ones and repeat your aspirations. Use a blend of vetiver, bergamot, cedarwood, and chamomile (roman and/or German).
11. May you be safe, happy, healthy, peaceful and free. Visualise the wider community and repeat your aspirations. Use a blend of vetiver, bergamot, cedarwood and roman chamomile.
12. May you be safe, happy, healthy, peaceful and free. Visualise the light of your metta reaching out to shine upon all beings on Earth. Use a blend of vetiver, bergamot, cedarwood and roman chamomile.
The remaining aspirations are wishes for all beings including ourselves.
13. May all beings be safe. Use vetiver essential oil
14. May all beings be happy. Use sweet orange essential oil
15. May all beings be healthy. Use cedarwood essential oil.
16. May all beings be peaceful. Use any of the following; bergamot, roman chamomile, lime, mandarin, patchouli essential oils.
17. May all beings be free. Use German chamomile essential oil.
18. May all beings feel strong and supported. Use any of the following cedarwood, angelica, cypress, ginger
19. May all beings be loved and care for. Use lavender and rose essential oils. Lavender brings nourishment and heartening reassurance, rose aligns the soul with the higher angelic realms, opening your heart to allow you to engage in loving practices, show the people you love your love, love and nurture yourself.
20. May all beings breathe and relax. Use roman chamomile and bergamot essential oils.
21. May all beings go with the flow. Use German chamomile to let go, relax and go with the flow, let go and let be.
22. May all beings express our unique power. Use vetiver essential oil for strength and security and juniper essential oil to help bringing clarity and stability to stand in and live your truth.
23. May all beings open our hearts. Use rose essential oil to open and connect to your heart centre, practice loving kindness.
24. May all beings listen. Use lavender essential oil she listens to and remedies a thousand ills.
25. May all beings imagine. Use geranium to evoke imagination, intuition and sensory perception; also rosemary and juniper berry essential oils, two important oils for the opening the third eye chakra.
26. May all beings connect with our intuition. Use everlasting, basil, rosemary, these help us connect with our higher selves and bring clarity to our understanding of spiritual truths.
27. May all beings connect to our divine nature, use french lavender essential oil, rosewood, sandalwood links base and crown chakras facilitating spiritual development, and particularly frankincense which connects us with the divine within and without.
28. May we all love; use lavender and rose essential oils; rose is the supreme oil of the heart chakra, the centre of love for self, others and universal love.
29. May we all share; Use grapefruit essential oil, it is positive and generous, uplifting and cooperative.
30. May we all serve use lavender essential oil to take genuine care of ourselves and others.
31. May we all unite in peace and harmony; use a blend of Australian sandalwood, sweet orange, lavender and rose absolute essential oils. This is a beautiful blend to encourage spiritual awakening, heart centred nurture and connection, and harmonious joy to nourish and balance the collective body, mind and spirit.
I hope you enjoy taking this transformative journey to make the act of loving kindness part of your daily routine. Notice after a month how it is easier to let go of judgment both for self and others as the natural reflex becomes wishing yourself and others well.
If you would like me to make up an essential oil blend for you or to order a specific essential oil, please contact here.
Yours in Living Well,